P14 Variable Speed Rotor Mill
The Fritsch P14 variable speed rotor mill can be used to mill a variety of soft to medium hard materials, including fertilisers, plants, roots, peas, leather, rice and pepper seeds. The Fritsch P14 variable speed rotor mill can also be used to mill material, which requires embrittlement with dry ice or liquid nitrogen, prior to milling.
The Fritsch P14 variable speed rotor mil, rapidly and efficiently crushes the sample material using a combination of force, shear and friction (between the rotor blades and the sieve ring). The final material fineness is determined by the size of the sieve ring used in the instrument, which ranges from 0.08mm to 6mm. Heavy duty material can also be milled, by using sieve rings with reinforced edges.
Advantages of the Fritsch P14 Variable Speed Rotor Mill
- Rapid sample throughput.
- Versatility for the milling of wide variety of soft to medium hard materials.
- Final fineness of 0.08mm to 6mm
- Extensive range of accessories.
- Safety tested – CE marked.
- 2 year guarantee.
Design Characteristics of the Fritsch P14 Variable Speed Rotor Mill
- Controlled rotor torque of 6,000 to 20,000rpm.
- Built in safety lock, which prevents the instrument being opened, when the rotor is revolving.
- Optimum cooling in the grinding chamber due to the high air throughput with a rotational velocity of 100m/s.
- Overload protection.
- Easy to change sieve ring, rotor and collection pan.
- Membrane keyboard with timer.
- Rapid action clamping lock
P16 Cross Beater Mill
The Fritsch P16 cross beater mill, is a universal mill suitable for a broad spectrum of applications including: ceramics, metallurgy and the preparation of soil samples. This mill crushes the samples using a combination of impact, friction and shear forces. It is suitable for the processing of samples upto the Mohs hardness 6.
The P16 cross beater mill, has a maximum particle feed size of 20mm for individual pieces and 15mm when continuously fed. The final fineness of the material depends upon the fracture properties of the material and the aperture size at the bottom of the sieve. As a rule, 100% of the sample is smaller than approximately 70% of the aperture size of the bottom of the sieve used.
Advantages of the Fritsch P16 Cross Beater Mill
- Robust, flexible and economical mill, which can be used for a variety of samples.
- Easy to access the sieves.
- Easy to clean.
- Bench or free standing
- 2 year warranty.
Design Characteristics of the Fritsch P16 Cross Beater Mill
- Overload protection.
- Grinding tools made of steel cast.
- Maintenance free drive motor.
- Ease of assembly.