Classic Line 7 Planetary Micro Mill
In the P7 classic line planetary micro mill, the grinding bowls rotate around their own axis, whilst orbiting around a central axis. Forces are exerted on the grinding balls and the sample, which are constantly changing direction and energy amount. Optimum grinding ball movements are obtained due to the design geometry and transmission ratios.
The grinding balls are carried up the inner wall of the grinding bowl and propelled off the wall; after crossing the grinding bowl, the balls and the material collide on the opposite side of the grinding bowl wall. The energy developed through the impact is several times higher than conventional ball mills. As a result excellent grinding results are obtained with much shorter grinding times.
Advantages of the P7 Classic Line Planetary Micro Mill
- Very high grinding performance despite the small space requirement.
- Reproducible grinding results due to controlled drive and programmable electronics.
- The cooled grinding chamber permits longer grinding times.
- Exact display of the rotational milling speed
- Precise speed display and microprocessor controlled electronics system.
- Loss free grinding even in suspensions.
- Easy to clean.
- Quick secure fastening of the grinding bowls.
- Safety tested – CE marked.
- 2 year guarantee.
Design Characteristics of the P7 Classic Line Planetary Micro Mill
- Speeds of up to 800rpm.
- A grinding cycle, which can be programmed to repeat upto 99 times.
- Simultaneous grinding of two samples
- Programmable timer and reversing unit.
- Programmable interval and break times.
- RS232 interface.
- IP65 rated keyboard.
Built in Safety Features of the Fritsch P7 Classic Line Planetary Micro Mill
- An unbalance sensor that stops the instrument, if a milling bowl becomes unsecured from the position within the instrument.
- The instrument has a casing made of polymer, which is reinforced with glass fibre. This casing might fracture, if a milling bowl becomes unsecured from its position.
The best way to clean the grinding bowl and milling balls in-between samples, is to mill for a couple of minutes with sand. The sand will effectively scour any remaining material from the surface of the grinding bowl and the milling balls and can be easily rinsed off with water.