The Fritsch P6 mono mill has been designed to be used for one 500ml, 250ml or an 80ml grinding bowl. When using 80ml grinding bowls, two 80ml grinding bowls are clamped in the instrument, by placing one on top of the other. If only one 80ml grinding bowl is to be used, then a single 80ml grinding bowl adapter must be used.
The P6 (single station), planetary ball mill (with compensation for unbalance) can be used for the rapid grinding of samples down to less than 1mm; suitable for the grinding of hard to soft materials. A maximum sample feed material size of 10mm is required, which will be ground to a final fineness of <1mm.
In the P6 planetary mono mill, the grinding bowls rotate around their own axis, whilst orbiting around a central axis. Forces are exerted on the grinding balls and the sample, which are constantly changing direction and energy amount. Optimum grinding ball movements are obtained due to the design geometry and transmission ratios.
The grinding balls are carried up the inner wall of the grinding bowl and propelled off the wall; after crossing the grinding bowl, the balls and the material collide on the opposite side of the grinding bowl wall. The energy developed through the impact is several times higher than conventional ball mills. As a result excellent grinding results are obtained with much shorter grinding times.
Advantages of the Fritsch P6 Planetary Mono Mill
- Very high grinding performance despite the small space requirement.
- Reproducible grinding results due to controlled drive and programmable electronics.
- The cooled grinding chamber permits longer grinding times.
- Precise speed display and microprocessor controlled electronics system.
- Compensation of unbalance of all grinding bowls, using a compensation mechanism.
- No additional counter weights are required.
- Loss free grinding even in suspensions.
- Quick secure fastening of the grinding bowls.
- Safety tested – CE marked.
- 2 year guarantee.
Design Characteristics of the Fritsch P6 Planetary Mono Mill
- Adjustable mass to compensate unbalances.
- Exact transmission ratios due to the toothed belt.
- Grinding bowl sizes of 80ml, 250ml 500ml.
- Speeds of upto 650rpm.
- Programmable timer and reversing unit.
- Programmable interval and break times.
- RS232 interface.
- IP65 rated keyboard.
Built in Safety Features of the Fritsch P6 Mono Mill
- An unbalance sensor that stops the instrument, if a milling bowl becomes unsecured from the position within the instrument.
- The instrument has a casing made of polymer, which is reinforced with glass fibre. This casing might fracture, if a milling bowl becomes unsecured from its position.